Is there a better alternative to Gunbroker?

The things I hate so far as a SELLER on GB:

1. no customer service telephone number
2. no chat support even
3. only email communications which are VERY SLOW

I'm having trouble with a flaky BUYER right now and I can't seem to get the issue resolved in a hurry like I want. The buyer has shorted me on payment. Payment received did not include sales tax. I'm now out my money for the listing/compliance/commission fees. GB bills you for their cut Final Value Fee on your gun sale even before the transaction has been completed. It would be nice if GB operated like ebay and amazon.com handling all the money matters on their end. I have to go through their long rigamarow for a refund in the cases of flaky buyers/bidders. GB seems very efficient and fast for billing customers. They suck at providng help when needed. They just want to grab your money, it seems.

I have had very good luck selling with Armslist in early 2021 and earlier, but I have been paying $6.99/month for the past 5 months to list two guns that did not move an inch.

GB seems like a real hassle for gun selling online. :confused:

What the gun trade needs is an online marketplace that operates much like ebay or amazon.com. That PayPal shies away from firearms transactions is yet another thorn in my side.

Last edited:
We have Utahgunexchange.com that works very well for us. You would have to talk to them if you are out of state.

You have the gun…. Don’t ship it until you receive full payment. Otherwise refund what he sent minus all the fees…

I use GB and Armslist. I have actually had good luck with both. Although, it is a lot easier to sell cheaper guns on Armslist and the pricier stuff on GB.

Jim

Armslist is less of a hassle if you can get interested local buyers. You will get better offers/bids on GB at auction but if the buyers/bidders get flaky, boy!

I sell off my old guns through a local auction house, they always get me more back than I paid for them. And I don't have to worry about the money or shipping anything.

I just received the sales tax from my buyer via PayPal. He finally agreed to pay it when I showed him the GB web page on Sales Tax collection.

It was an unfired NIB Ruger American rifle but I just put "sales tax for rugged American hunting gear" as a memo for the PayPal transaction. PayPal has a no-gun-trade policy but this is only for sales tax.

As soon as his personal check clears, the gun ships to his FFL.

We have a great forum message board here for sells and buys.

I traded some that I'd like to get back.

I'd never go to The GunBroker.

Back