Is the Savage 110 in .308 worth it?

gryphon

Looking into getting a .308 for deer hunting, but I don't want to spill the whole rainy day fund on a super high falutant Rem. 700. Is the Savage a worth enough replacement. They seem to have some decent package deals as well.

Try a search. Based on my recollection of what I have read on this forum, the Savage has a worthy reputation.

I got the Rem 700 cheapo (ADL) in the low $400's and have been very happy with it.

I bought one of them Savage "package deals" at Wal- Mart for $362?? plus tax.I got the 30-06 and am very impressed with its accuracy.Still cant figure out why i want to get a better scope though....the one that came mounted seems adequate for plinking and paper punching.I have had some very nice groups for a rookie with it too,Its a keeper!!!

I've only heard good things about them myself. There's a nice write up on them in the June issue of American Rifleman.

I have a Savage 10FP bull barrel .308Win, it is a real excellent shooter.

Savage 110-Long Action
Savage 10-Short Action

If you hunt get the standard barrel. If you target shoot get the bull barrel. Later-on.

Thanks all. I appreciate all the responses. The price seems right, so I think that I will have to start getting serious about the purchase.

My friends got me a Savage 110 in 7mm Remington Magnum for my birthday (yes I have very nice friends :D ) I can say that i highly recommend it, great buy for the price and a shooter at that

Back