Is the HK SL8 still legal for sale in CA?

Nope. It is a semi with a thumbhole/p-grip and removable mag.

If you're set on a HK .223, you might look for a HK SL-6. They should be okay by our keepers.

I tried to find info on it and can't find anything. Do you have a site that has pictures and maybe some spec's?

markd

What stops H&K from producing the SL-8 without the thumbhole stock. The thumbhole is poorly designed and hurts the web between thumb and index. I love my SL-8, but I would be happy to replace the thumbhole stock with a non-thumbhole stock. It also seems that we would not need to register the rifle. It only has a ten round mag and no other goodies to make it subject to registration. Anyone know of a replacement stock??

Here's the image of a HK SL-6 (.223):

sl6.jpg

sl6&7.jpg

There's some more information on HKPRO's board:

http://www.hkpro.com/sl6.htm

These have most of the traditional HK features, such as roller locking, dioper rear sight, no last shot hold-open, 3-point sling attachments, etc. The scope mounts are specific to this rifle (interchangeable with the HK SL-7 .308) and are typically HK expensive. 4 and 10 round magazines are available.

I used to have a SL-6. It was very accurate and perfectly reliable. I bought mine for $500 in 1992. It's kind of funny to see the looks on the faces of self proclaimed Hk experts when they see a rifle they've never seen or heard of.

Back