Is the FEG MarkII the SMC-380?

o-town

I saw a neat looking pistol at a gun shop today. It said FEG MARKII Made in Hungary on it. It is a .380. Is this the same as the SMC-380? Any info you know about this pistol would be great, i'm thinking about getting it for CCW

I'm not a guru on FEG numbers, but if the MarkII says APK MK II, and all blued, it is older and all-steel.

If it is two-toned, then it is newer, has an alloy frame, and is significantly lighter. I believe that's the SMC.

I've got an APK Mk II, all steel. Nice pistol, but I wish I had the lighter alloy SMC. That is a NICE pistol.

I have an SMC-380 with a steel frame. I was surprised about this - I ordered the SMC looking for the alloy frame, but KBI sent me a steel one. It says "SMC" on the side and the measurements are correct, so I know it's an SMC - but I was a little surprised to find it was so heavy and a magnet sticks to the frame.

The SMC has the shorter slide profile with the 6-rnd mag, fwiw.

I'm sure the KBI guys can clear up any confusion anyone might have. (717) 540-4645

Mine says FEG Mk II but it is a 22, Does anybody know if KBI will have their web page up and running soon???

are you guys pleased with your FEGs? I'm going to the range with mine (MarkII AP .380) tomorrow for the first time. This is going to be my CCW weapon, I can't wait to try it out!

I think my SMC was a heck of a value. I polished the feed ramp (some Flitz on a patch on my pinkie as I watched TV one night) before firing it, and I've only had one jam in over 1k rounds - which was caused by limp-wristing on my part.

It's great fun to shoot, and it's the most accurate .380 I've ever had (which is sort of like being the best ballerina in Lubbock, you're not playing against the varsity!) - easy 1" groups at 30'.

I like it a ton.

I called KBI today to ask if this pistol (FEG MarkII AP .380) can fire +P. They said that this is an interarms pistol, and that interarms is not out of business. How can I find out if I can shoot the +Ps?

First,

look for the ammo you want to fire. The last time I mentioned .380+P here on TFL, someone politely informed me there wasn't any such thing.

just got back from the range. I put 110 rounds through my pistol with no errors of any kind! I did buy a box of +Ps, and they worked great (triton quik-shok 380ACP+P). This gun was reliable, shot accurately, and will make a great carry pistol. I highly recommend it

I also shot otown's gun at the Range. Nice little gun. Almost no recoil. Makes a good summertime carry piece. Sights could be bigger, but all in all I was impressed.

Cobraman,
I really liked my pistol also. 110 rounds with no misfires at all. It had no problem eating +P's. For winter carry, I think I might have to get a Springfield like your

Back