Is the .45 dead in IDPA?

MuzzleBlast

Last weekend I shot in an IDPA match with Mountain Valley Sportsmans Association. http://hotspringsar.net/mvsa/ There were a total of 22 shooters. Looking at the posted scores confirmed what I thought I was observing around me: out of 22 shooters, exactly ONE was shooting a 1911 .45 in CDP. Is this an isolated case, or has it become the norm?

I went back and looked at the scores I had on hand, CDP is running 30-40% of entries around here. Plus the occasional Glock or DA .45 shot in SSP.

I hope not as I have a Kimber and a SA 1911 4 inchers I plan on shooting when I start IDPA when I get a breather.

CDP has slacked off in east pa. i think a lot of it has to do with the price of bullet metal, and the rest cause a lot of people like shooting 9mm's.

My Girlfriendbeen shooting CDP for the past few matches, mostly because I have lots of .45 and am out of 9mm. She likes it and took 1st MM in CDP at the last match I shot, which I was very happy about.

Ted

Where I shoot SSP has the most, then CDP, ESP, ESR. This is based upon three different matches that I shoot. Average amount of shooters is about 20. I shoot my Springer in CDP and I've got a P14.45 that I plan on shooting in ESP at the next match.

Out here in the Pacific Northwest, single stack .45s are still very popular. Approximately 1/3 of our typical match attendance is CDP.

Back