Is Rugerfirearms-usa.com a real site?

AL45

I was looking for a somewhat rare caliber rifle and did a Google search when the above site popped up. They had one for a very good price and after a person payed $800.00 they were ready to ship it for 20.00 freight to an FFL. It said to go through Zelle and you would be instructed on how to pay. I'm not sure what Zelle is since I'm an old dinosaur. It appeared to be brand new. Sounds odd to me. The same gun is always well over 1000.00 on gun auctions. Any thoughts?

Anything gun-related that uses Zelle for payment is a scam.*
Zelle offers zero protection for buyers and is used more for scams than legitimate payments.

Usually, the quickest way to see if these sites are legit are checking payment methods, and then looking at the 'Contact Us' and 'About Us' pages on the website.
Contact us and About us will nearly always be stolen from other websites, with obvious artifacts. In this case, for instance, the contact email and phone number are for a different company and don't match the phone number or email given elsewhere on the site.

*Some exceptions for gunsmithing and a couple ammo sellers. But always assume it is a scam.

IF a site doesn't accept the usual payment methods, (cash, check, MO, major credit cards), it's probably a scam.

Also note the scam sites seem to always have the rare stuff, or the stuff everyone else is out of. This is the bait...so is an unbelievably low price...

Anyone who doesn't take "real" money isn't likely to deliver a real item, either, in my opinion...

I am also very leery of websites that contain the name of a respected manufacturer or dealer with other bits added that may be intending to make you think that they are the company website ...

The Ruger corporate site is https://ruger.com

Anyone that uses Ruger in their name and claims to have uncommon items in stock, especially if Ruger.com doesn't is tripping all my concerns.

Back