is Rem 700 ADL/BDL free floating barreled

I just bought a used 700 BDL in 30.06 and I'm pretty sure the barrel is not free floated. I can not pass a dollar bill between the the barrel and stock. I'm waiting to hear more knowledgable replies them mine. Also wondering about process of trigger adjustment. Pull on mine is just over 6 lb's. Is that normal for a stock trigger? Clint

Weng:
The barrels on Rem's are generally floated,EXCEPT, There is a small "mound" toward the front end of the 4-arm. This allows the barrel to rest on a solid, non-heat conducting material. Mostly the rest is free of the stock.

HJN

Clint:
The barrel on a 700 BDL is not normally floated as we know it. I addressed this in the Weng question. There is generally a "mound" at the end of the 4-arm to allow the barrel to rest on a non heat conducting material. The rest of the barrel is generally not touched by the barrel. If you are wanting to "Float" the barrel, it has been my experience that a $1.00 bill dimension is not enough. quadruple that effort for free floating.

Trigger pull is generally around 4-6lbs. This is to ensure sear engaugment. Lighter pull reduces this engaugement and could cause an AD when the bolt is closed or when accidently dropped.

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited September 17, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited September 17, 1999).]

The Senderos and the Varminters are, of course, a horse of a different color. A dollar slides all the way back to butt against the front of the receiver on my factory Sendero. NOT a BDL or ADL, of course...

Back