Is Les Baer Slimmer?

Jonpod

I was just looking through the Dec, 2000 issue of Combat Handguns which features the Baer Thunder Ranch Special. The photos of this pistol make it appear to be more slender than say a Kimber or a Springfield. The article doesn't give dimentions nor could I find dimentions at the Lesbaer.com website. I did find out that it has slender grips than most. Does anyone know if the overall width is smaller?

I have mine in my hand right now. From the looks of it, it seems about the same size as the rest. The only thing different are the grips which you mentioned.

Just throwing this in, I'm auctioning off my TR Special on Gunbroker.com The item number is 789485 for those interested.

The TR looks slimmer because it comes with thin grips (AFS slim-tech I think). Using the same grips, my Kimber actually feels a lot thinner to me than my Les Baer.

Well... I didn't find it thinner. Actually, I found the TRS to be LARGER. I had a couple of kydex holsters for my Kimber Classic Target and the TRS was just TOO tight for the holsters. Yes, the grips are thinner but the frame was just a bit larger. I had new holsters made for the TRS and the Kimber is now loose in those holsters. Oh well.. .I just marked them to avoid confusion.

Bubba

Back