Is Kydex best for IWB?

Ed Brunner

I have used different types of holsters over the years and have pretty much settled on a no-holster, Mexican carry. IWB holsters have never seemed right as they drag and collapse unless my belt is too loose.
This brings me to Kydex. It seems to me that Kydex would be ideal as it would not collapse and pants would be just as snug with or without the weapon in the holster and of course reholstering would be a breeze.
Don't get me wrong, many cows and horses and corduras have died to get me to this point.
Does this make sense to anyone else?

Would Kydex be the ideal IWB?

------------------
You have to be there when it's all over. Otherwise you can't say "I told you so."

Better days to be,

Ed

If you are talking about Glocks, then Sidearmor makes about the best IWB Kydex around. I have one for my G30 and G21 and can conceal both with no problems. They're also very comfortable.

I also have a request in for a Kydex from Sidearmor for my 1911, when they decide to make one.

Listen to Walter, I have spent about a bizillion dollars on holsters and my new Sidearmor beats them all. I'm am old fat guy and the 15 deg. cant works best for me.

Gary

If you ever try a Mitch Rosen or Milt Sparks holster, you would know what a high quality leather holster is like. Neither holster collapse when the gun is drawn. I use a Rosen with a full-size 1911.

Alas, I am not a Glockophile. I have seen the Sidearmor and like it. One made for a G17 might fit my Commander with a little help???

ArmySon; I like the ARG and the VM2. I like a lot of good holsters. Right now I have the bug to find THE Kydex IWB because I think it would be close to perfect for what I want.

I like the look of the Springbok Speed Shell +, but havent tried it. http://www.springbokinc.com/holsters-iwb.htm

------------------
You have to be there when it's all over. Otherwise you can't say "I told you so."

Better days to be,

Ed

I just love Kydex for IWB carry. It doesn't collapse, it doesn't absorb sweat, it doesn't smell, and the retention is outstanding. One of the things about Kydex is that it is VERY gun specific. Unless you are handy with a heat gun, don't buy a holster intended for one gun and try to use it with another. Cal Barnlund (you can contact him at calbone@mindspring.com) is a dealer for several different brands (BladeTech, Holsters Plus, TacPro, Tactical Tools) and he likely has a 1911 holster in stock that will fit your needs.

-sarah

leather holsters that are made correctly don't collapse. if it has a reinforced top it will give you years of great service. Even a holster that does not have a reinforced top will give many good years of service if taken care of.

------------------
www.customholsters.com
M/D ENTERPRISES Custom Concealment Holsters
Gunleather so nice it's almost a crime to conceal it
mde@customholsters.com
100% satisfaction or I buy it back!

"Holsters" the only real cure for mad cow disease

Well I have some kydex holsters that I like, there are great leather IWB holsters as well. You just need to find a proper holster. Cheap leather holsters collapse. Proper leather IWB holsters will not collapse.

I've got leather IWB holsters from Rusty Sherrick and Milt Sparks, and they're both great.

Jared

The most comfortable IWB rig I`ve ever used is my kydex Kytac Braveheart. It`s very secure, comfortable and fast. It also keeps sweat off the gun in hot weather. I`m able to easily conceal a P-97 under an untucked T shirt with it which I`ve never quite been able to do with any other holster. Check out www.kytac.com ,they make holsters for your Commander. Dave at Kytac is great to deal with and the service was very fast. Marcus

Back