Is it worth it?

Hawes imported several different firearms

Some examples of cap and ball revolvers were among them.

I had a couple which were of good quality.

I spoke to BPRevolver about Hawes and he told me they were pretty careful with quality and that since not many were imported with the Hawes name, they are somewhat desirable as collector pieces in good complete condition. He did not say this but I am thinking maybe 25.00 above the average price. The one in the photo is not because of the missing parts.

The listing revolver is worth 85.00 if just for the parts. I think you could not buy it, then fix it, then sell it for what you would have in it. Depends on what else is missing.

Last edited:
You'd have to do a lot of fiddling with other Italian manufacturer parts and hope you can get them to fit and function in it. I agree with Doc. It's worth the $85 just for the parts. Someone with one of these guns is probably pulling their hair out somewhere looking for a spare cylinder or replacement barrel, hammer, springs, screws, etc...

That's a Remington Beals Navy. It should have a manufacturers logo on it somewhere so maybe tracking down parts won't be too hard. No matter what grips you get they will have to be fitted to it.

Back