Is it possible to get a Sako 85 Hunter Stainless in the USA?

RamOchoa

So after all my search I decided to go with the Sako 85 Hunter Stainless. Then I find out Beretta does not import it! Is it possible to get this gun? Will Beretta ever import this gun? If I can't get it I guess I'll have to go with the Laminated Stainless or The Hunter (non-stainless). Which do you prefer? Thanks in advance.

I think that's what my SIL (an officer in Iraq on his third visit there) has got. I think he had to shop around though. I'll check with the daughter and see.

I'm not sure that they are importing the lamininated stainless either, in Sako or Tikka? I've got sweet eyes on the laminated stainless Sako myself.

I bought a Sako 85 Greywolf, laminated stock and stainless, recently. The only caliber that is not currently imported is the .338 Federal; it is discontinued. Otherwise, all other originally offered calibers are still available. The .338 Federal can still be had for under $800, the other calibers are over $1100.

Try alex@eurooptic.com

I fancy the woods. But later on in my collection I might consider a light synthetic. It's hard for me to decide between the walnut and gray laminate stock right now. Choices, Choices.

Last edited:
There are a couple of 85 Stainless Hunters on GB right now. Of course, you have to want one in .338 Federal, because that is the only caliber they have.

Beretta is pretty sure about what model you want. I told them I wanted a Bavarian in 7x64 or 9.3x62. They told me I was wrong. What I really want is a sightless rifle in .338 or a WSM. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Back