Is it normal to see wear on a new 870 express?

fronty

Inactive
I've been looking for an 870 express for a while. Walmart sells one that they call 870 express tactical. It doesn't have ghost ring sites, but it is only 347. I noticed some war on the extractor/ejector cover. I could see some clean metal. I know this is normal for a used gun, but I was wondering if it is normal to see it on a brand new one. They also had the Pardner pump tactical for 200. Would this be a good choice? I read that it is an 870 replica.

IMO, it's not normal for a NIB gun, but what I would expect for a display gun that prospective customers handle & operate/cycle - the kind I ask for either a display gun discout on, or a back room new stock replacement.

IDK what that retail outlet's normal selling price for the Express is, but FWIW, the price you're quoting may be a reduced price for a display place.

I would get the Remington before the Pardner, even in its given condition. However, no that is not normal wear for a new gun.

I will also add, that you posted this in the bolt, lever and pump action rifle forum, not shotgun.

Thanks for the help. I didn't even notice the forum. I'm still debating it, but it will probably be gone soon. These are hard to come by around here.

Back