Is it legal to let your kids carry a BB gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P99AS9

I'm just sort of curious about this because me and my family have to walk through east Boston this weekend :eek:. And I was wondering, is it legal to let your kids concealed carry a BB gun?

Why?

1) Boston is not nearly as terrifying as many make it out to be. That said, I carry wherever legal in Mass as my daily routine.

2) I'm not seeing any benefit to giving your "kids" (I don't know their ages) a weapon that is ineffective at best and could be confused by police as a real gun at worst.

If you are that worried that you feel the need to arm your children, I can only suggest you don't go.

How old are these kids?

Do you really think its a good idea to allow a kid to conceal carry a weapon? Has he taken a concealed carry course? Does he/she know how to properly assest a threat? Do he/she know how to properly and safely draw a weapon, fire and reholster? I doubt it. And really, what kind of protection do you really think a BB gun would offer? I think it would get the kid in more trouble. If you are really concered about there safety dont take them to boston. And by the way, what are you afraid of in Boston? This just sounds like a bad idea all together.

You've gotta be kidding me.

In the rural areas, kids shooting birds with bb guns isn't frowned upon. In the cities, with lots of houses and people around, there isn't likely to be a safe direction to shoot in, for one thing. For another thing, shooting birds and squirrels within city limits out of season is likely to be frowned upon. Not to mention scaring the **** out of everybody else around. It's totally irresponsible to even suggest this.

Besides, concealed carry is intended to be an effective means of protecting your life against others intent on doing you harm. There is no other justification for drawing a weapon when you have such a permit. Shooting squirrels and birds doesn't fall into that category, and it teaches irresponsibility.

I don't read minds.

I read words. I read, what was to me, a facetious question.

I see that P99AS9 was last on at 1:09pm today. He hasn't thought to say anything about the posts to his thread....

Without some kind of explanation, I'm calling it a drive-by post.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back