Is it a uberti?

mobayjd

Received my 1849 pocket from cabelas, NICE, my question is, is it a uberti its
in a uberti box with uberti papers but I cant find the name on the gun anywhere.
The reason I question is UPS sloppy service 8 days on the road and then a notice "package damaged in shipment, will notify sender" then about an hour later "will deliver tomorrow"
Any way I got it and outside box looked rough, but contents looked fine. It has Italian proofs but I can,t see uberti anywhere. Thanks, o yes this is my first .31, any load data would be usefull

Uberti?

I think I read here somewhere here / sometime that Uberti puts their name under the loading lever on the bottom of the barrel.
Bill

Many Ubertis don't have the full name of the manufacturer on them, because it detracts from the "original" appearance; quite often, all you'll see is a "Made in Italy", and Uberti's logo (which looks like a cross-section of a rifled octagonal barrel with a "U" in the middle) somewhere on it.

Thanks shotgun and sdc I had already looked under the loading lever but checked again ".31 cal black powder only made in italy" Will check again for proof mark.
I,m just about satisfied it,s uberti, really nice fit and finish

Thanks again all I was concerned it was a pietta they had substituted not bad but dammit I paid for uberti. After a lot of surfing I don,t think pietta makes 1849 pocket

My Pietta pocket Remington (from Cabela's too) was clearly marked as Pietta. They seem to mark things pretty thoroughly. If yours were Pietta, I think you'd know it.

Wish Uberti would get there Sh*t together and put there guns in a white form box like Cabela's ships Pietta's. Much more easy on the pistol, when shipping.

I thought Cabelas was just selling Piettas and other stuff one tier down from Uberti. Well I guess you could compare what you payed Cabelas to what the gun MFSL price is on the Uberti website. I would be suprised if Cabelas was selling Ubertis for Pietta prices but who knows.

I just got a Uberti 1849 pistol from Cabela's. It came in a Uberti box with a Uberti manual. Cabela's sells mostly Pietta, but they do sell a few Uberti's.

Thanks everyone, I just checked the ser# on gun and on Uberti box whadda ya know they match case closed!! Loads anyone? Uberti recommends .330 ball, best I could come up with were Dixie .321

Back