Is "Buy Top Guns" a scam site?

the45er

In looking for a Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911, last night I came across a website called buytopguns.com. I couldn't believe (1) their low prices and (2) the fact that they claimed that they had about every model of Sig pistol made in stock and ready to sell. Buds Guns, Whittakers, Palmetto State Armory and others I've purchased guns from are all totally out of Sig 1911s. In fact, they are out of all 1911's last time I looked.

buytopguns.com has the Sig Emporer Scorpion Fastback listed for $1000. This is $300-400 less than listed prices anywhere else. I googled them and found a scam website that highly recommended not to use them. They rated 14/100 and while they didn't state definitively that btg was a scam, the feedback they had recommended to stay away from them.

I was wondering if anyone on thefiringline had ever had any dealings with them?

google maps street view shows this to be "AZ Guns" . here is their website https://azguns.com/ with the same address. I would give them a call and ask since they appear to be a legitmite buiesness.

Also their phone number, the 720 are code ties back to Denver Colorado, not Arizona.

I would stay away myself

Pretty sure they are a scammer site

LOL - yeah, AZGuns has the same "logo" as the "Top Gun Supply" website - the only difference is that the Sig pistols listed on the AZGuns site are $3-400 more than those on the TGS site and furthermore, every Sig 1911 is shown to be out of stock! Good reason not to use either of these websites to buy guns.

Buy Top Guns called me

LOL Somebody from Buy Top Guns sounding like he was from Pakistan called me back. Playing along, I asked him if he had a Sig I was interested in. Oh yes, he said he had one in stock and it was $400 less than I've seen it for elsewhere. Their credit card system was down of course, but he could take Venmo and a few other rapid pay methods. I said I'd get back with him (NOT)

I called AZGuns. They told me that they have been trying to take legal action against BTG for some time now and that absolutely they are a scam site.

Aren't there some government agencies that would take action against an obvious fraud such as this?

I mean isn't there SOMEBODY you could call up, bring this to their attention and they would shut them down/bring charges against them etc., etc. WITHOUT you having to try to buy a gun and then bringing them into court yourself?

They are usually not in the US.

Good point.

But even if they are overseas in a different country I'm so fed up with these scams I want our government to do something about them.

Can't our government deal with OTHER governments?

I suspect this is just not a priority of OUR government and I think it should be.

Find a way to get rid of these scammers and I also include the scammers that call people up saying they are the Internal Revenue Service or the Social Security Administration or even they are the electric company and your power is going to be turned off in 45 minutes...I've had all three of these and I do report them. It's fairly easy to report them but I'm not sure anything happens.

https://www.usa.gov/stop-scams-frauds

I have a lot of free time on my hands these days, so I try to keep them on the phone for as long as possible, then after they hang up on me I keep calling back until they block my number. Its kind of like reversing the script.

Scammers plentiful here in the U.S. as well

But even if they are overseas in a different country I'm so fed up with these scams I want our government to do something about them.

Amen! But have you ever visited www.texasguntrader.com? There are a lot of decent sellers on this site and as a matter of fact, I ended up buying a beautiful Sig Scorpion from a really nice young man last Saturday. However, fully half of the pistols I inquire about end up being scammers on this site. I would donate more money to the website if they would ever answer or act on my emails. They invite you to contact them but they never respond. I'll send them an email with details of the dialogue and actions I took that prove an ad is a scam and they don't even acknowledge receipt. I mark the ad as a scam and nothing happens.

When an online gun sale site doesn't do anything about scammers, it's hard to expect the government to do anything.

Back