Is Browning really ceasing production of the Hi-Power?

Anthony

Hello,

My fiancee LOVES the Browning Hi-Power in 9mm Parabellum.

This weekend at the gunshow several dealers said that Browning was stopping production of it due to the lawsuits. I've seen nothing to support this. I'd rather not get her one if parts are going to be difficult to come by.

Has anyone else heard this?

Has anyone confirmed this with Browning?

If it is true, do you think parts would be a problem in the future? If not, what is a good source?

Thanks for the help.

- Anthony

If I may, Jeff OTMG just posted a great report from the first day at shot show in the general discussion forum. In his post he states:
"Browning - Browning has NOT discontinued any handguns. The 9mm HP is in short supply because FN did not make any in 1999. They have a production schedule and make the same number each year. Since they have been building more than they sold each year, in fact sales of the HP had been steadily dropping until last year, they made no 9mm pistols in 1999 and just sold off the old stock. The increased demand due to rumors caused a shortage, but the pistols are once again on the production schedule for 2000 so any of you wanting new HP's can expect to see them this year. Browning also has a new carbine based on the Buckmark pistol. It is the Buckmark pistol with a fixed thumbhole stock and a long barrel."
Hope this clears up your question.
and thanks again Jeff.
Zee

Well, I don't know if they are stopping production on the HP's but I hope not. A browning HP was the first gun I ever shot. So it's a special gun to me.

Browning's usually not one to disappoint though, so I seriously doubt that they will stop the HP's.

Albert

Greetings, If I may refresh your memory; late
in the year of 1999 Browning sent out a memo
to it's distributor's here in the good 'ole
US of A, and stated that they would not be
importing ANY handguns after Dec 31st. This
applies to all makes and models, as I under-
stand it. No, they are not ceasing production
of the fine Browning Hi-Power's; just that Mr. Clinton's one world government with his
cronie's has caused the firearms industry
to take another look at the future. And I
might add, the future doesn't look that good
to us gun owner's right now. Our only hope is
for each pro gun person to join the NRA, or
other fine organization's that support our cause.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Message edited by Dan H. Ford on 01-18-00

Back