Is AWA coming out with the Colt Lightning rifle?

Alex Johnson

Just heard a rumor that AWA was going to be introducing the classic Colt Lightning to there 2003 lineup. I have long been waiting for one of these pumps to arrive and it almost sounds too good to be true.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the AWA lightnings. They have been "coming out" for years. Much like the Tristar 1887 shotgun, orders have been placed and still no product. I'll see it when I believe it. These two items are high on the list of cowboy "vapor ware".

The good news on theh 1887 front is that Norinco is coming out with an 1887 that will ship by the end of this year. This is completely independent of the Tristar '87 so hopefully it will come to fruition.

Howdy,

AWA had one of their Lightnings (the only one, probably) at Mule Camp. It was broken. Since then, there has been precious little info about the rifle. You are probably more likely to see the USFA Lightning before the AWA model, from the looks of things. And, going on current product quality alone, I would buy the USFA model before the AWA version.

I guess we'll learn something at the Shot Show.

Looks like the USFA would be the winner in my book. I have a feeling I'm going to be dropping some money in the summer of 2003 if they stay on schedule. Now the only question is 44 or 45.

Back