Is anyone using modern belt kit/LBE?

Those look great, but they also look super expensive. I could only see investing that kind of money if it was something i would be using regularly, say once a week, or for several days straight a couple times a year. I run a condor chest rig configured to my needs along with a backpack. All in i think im at about $100.

Not trying to be a jerk, just looking for clarification. Which part of my suggestion weren't you able to find a good option for?

There are a couple suspenders out there from China. The problem is suspenders aren't long enough to attach to the belt and must attach to pouches. The only pouches with the right attachments are from these companies making jungle rigs so you might as well buy their kits.

So after thinking about this a bit today I have a little more to add.

Looking at this from the perspective of a hiking backpack and a bit from weight lifting.

Hiking backpacks are designed so that a majority of the load rides on the hips, the shoulder straps are mostly there to keep the pack from fall off backwards.

Looking at it from a weight lifting perspective, there is something in relation to loading of the spine that creates extra fatigue although they are not 100% sure what it is or exactly how it works.

So using a belt with shoulder straps to carry a load seems like its just transferring load that should be on the hips, into the shoulders, down onto the spine, and this would increase over all fatigue due to the loading of the spine.

Secondly, there are lots of combat belts / battle belts out there which are molle compatible. I am sure you could find suspenders and with a little ingenuity and perhaps a little paracord, find a way to rig them to work together.

Perhaps if you could explain a little better why you want a belt/LBE suspender kit or what your need for it is or why you would want one over a chest rig of some sort. Just curious, seems like your wanting to go backwards from a technology standpoint.

Chest rigs don't let air circulate so they're hotter. Battle belts don't carry enough and they're slower to remove.

LBE is moving forward.

Chest rigs don't let air circulate so they're hotter. Battle belts don't carry enough and they're slower to remove.

LBE is moving forward.
See that makes excellent sense. Im glad i asked!

I dont have that kind of money. I would probably wind up jerry rigging a system together.

Personally i like the velocity systems one the best. Like the pouches and streamlined strap system

Last edited:
Back