Is a "preban" mini 14 worth anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgunrunner

Inactive
Hi guys, my Dad is going to be selling off his 1994 production mini 14 ss ranch rifle. I know there are still a few states with restrictions on post 94 semi autos, would that make his worth anymore or no?

No. Don't think the "ban" applied to Mini-14's anyway. Dunno for sure.
Where you are matters(State laws apply to mag capacity a lot), but there are several SS Mini-14 Ranch Rifles on Gunbroker. Running around $700. There's one they call a 'Pre-ban' at $699.99 with 10 bids.

There’s only 4 officially documented cases in which a Mini14 of that era that actually hit an intended target. If you own one of those four rifles, it may be worth something.
Range owners love people with old minis because they keep the foliage trimmed down around target stands and help keep the soil between the firing line and targets nicely aerated.

:D

Lmao, well, he must have been lucky because with a scope it'd run 2" groups shooting my m885 fmj ammo off the bench. Not great, but for a new rifle w a factory trigger he was happy.

No, it certainly applies to the weapons date of manufacturer and "date of modification". During the ban you could have pistol grips, bayonet lugs, flash suppressors and detachable mag's only if it was built before Sept 2014. Those guns brought a premium over "post ban" guns. As I understand it some states continued this after the federal ban sunset. But I'm not sure so that's why I'm asking!

The mini 14 was not included in the original Assault Weapons Ban.

Jim

(30) The term "semiautomatic assault weapon" means - (A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as - (i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70); (iv) Colt AR-15; (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC; (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12; (vii) Steyr AUG; (viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12; (B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of - (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; (iii) a bayonet mount; (iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and (v) a grenade launcher.

Last edited:
Love love Mini14s. Always my favorite rifle.

I have many different rifles in all kinds of persuasions, including semi-autos, pumps, levers, bolt-actions and single-shots but if I could only have one for every possible reason, from hunting to self-defense; it would be my s/s, Mini 14 carbine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back