Is a Aimpoint mounted on top of the carryhandle of an AR15 to high?

BLITZKRIEG

thats all I wanted to know!

------------------
"We should definitely get you out this month." - Bushmaster Customer Service 06/04/99

I still have not recieved my order!

I haven't seen any scope/optical sight that fit well on top of the carry handle of an AR15. They seem to force you to hold your head too high for a proper cheek weld.(Unless you add a delta cheek piece.) So I haven't put any on my AR. I figure that any scope is going to require a flattop AR to work well. Now, I saw a pretty red dot sight that fit FORWARD of the carry handle that really looked nice...

Now for something completely different....

I have seen several different red-dot sights mounted on top of the carrying handles. I have had a Holo-Site on top of a CAR for almost a year. I think it is an excellent place for a Rd dot that is sighted in for close & fast work. Most carry handle mounts allow you to have instant use of the iron sights for more precise long distance shooting.

you need to consider the purpose and role of the red dot. For me, it allows me to keep the weapon at a low mount on the shoulder, keep both eyes open, and with very little movement and no obstruction of my field of view, rapidly engage targets with excellent accuracy. I do not use the red-dot for preceision shooting at over 50 yards. In that scenario, I would drop down to a standard check weld and use the iron sights like Uncle Sam trained me to do.

------------------
-Essayons

My son is an LEO. He has a Holo Sight mounted on the carry handle. He says it's ideal for tactical use because it's fast to mount, accurate, & can still utilize the carry handle......He practices on stationary clay birds at one hundred yards off-hand.
I would NOT want to be the bad guy ! ;)

------------------
Ralph in In.

I have the Aimpoint mount that attaches to the carry handle and drops the scope down in front of the handle over the handguard. you can use the iron sights througth the scope if you want to. This setup has worked well for me I would recomend it :)
Theo

Back