Is $400 a good price for a Sig 239, 9mm?

If its in good condition, then yes.
I'm looking for a 239 new, myself and they go round $550 to $600 here in CA.
ST

If it is in excellent condition,yes, but I would offer a lower price for the weapon. You can get them new for under $500. The P239 is a "budget" gun in the Sig Series, designed to sell for a lower price than the other Sig models. since it is only a single stack, you can't get any hi cap mags for it, a slight disadvantage.

In figuring out a weapon price I usually figure $100 off from a new pistol, and reduce the price gradually depending upon the condition of the weapon. Unless in excellent condition, I would offer $350 to $375 for the weapon.

Good SHooting
RED

When they first came out the version with the plastic guide rod in 9mm was selling for $389 NIB. Now the best I have seen is $429 for .40 and $449 for 9mm. Your call on whether it is worth it or not. Condition including box and papers does play into it. Remember that K-Y Imports was selling used 9mm P225's for $329. That $350-$375 suggestion sounds much more realistic to me. I bought my son one used, with box and papers, BUT with 4 sig mags for $385 out the door.

I'd offer him $375, buy the gun, and count my lucky stars. Great weapon. There are no high cap magazines for it because it's designed that way. A single stack for concealed carry. Mine has become my number one CCW. There is nothing cheap or budget about it. Sig quality in a very managable and concealable size. Buy it, you won't regret it!!!

Don't slow down or waste anytime reading past this post until you get that one.

Then post the results from your first shoot.

I owned one for three years. Bought it second hand from a fellow who hadn't shot it very much. Got the gun and two magazines for $400. I bought two more magazines and a carry holster, and put about 7000 rounds through it over those three years, and then sold it for that same $400 (though I did include all four magazines and the holster) that I initially paid for it.

How used is it? (i.e. How many rounds, roughly, has the owner put through it?)

How is the finish?

Two mags, or more? (This is a big consideration, actually, because those things can be hard to find and I don't want an auto with fewer than four mags.)

Any "bonus" items? (holster, hard-side case, etc.)

If you're just talking about the gun and two mags, I'd start at $350 and see what he says. If he's a really good buddy, I'd offer him $375 and walk off with it.

Thanks for the replys. The gun probably has less than 300 rounds through it. The guy selling it is very meticulous with his guns so it is in pristine condition. It is in the original hard shell Sig box with one extra magazine. I will try to get him down to $375.

The 239 is my favorite Sig model. Mine is perferct reliability. I say buy it regargless if he want 375 or 400. You wont regret getting the 239.

Back