Irony, thy name is Gibson

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
Mel Gibson flick readies for Revolutionary War
McCONNELLS, South Carolina
(CNN) -- Pre-production of Mel Gibson's latest movie project has closed the doors of a popular historic site in South Carolina. The Historic Brattonsville plantation is currently getting a face-lift as the crew for the Revolutionary War film "The Patriot" readies the site for filming.

In the movie, Gibson plays Benjamin Martin, a reluctant hero who is swept into battle when the war reaches his farm. In an effort to protect his family, he joins the American militia and fights beside his idealistic son. The plantation will be looking its best as a backdrop to the film -- buildings are being painted and restored. Officials in charge of the site say the changes will also make the plantation a more pleasant place to visit when it re-opens in mid-October.

Gibson is one of Hollywood's top male stars -- along with the "Lethal Weapon" series, he won best director and best picture Oscars for 1995's "Braveheart," which was set amid the 13th century battles between Scotland and England.
----------

Yeah, *this* oughta be good...

------------------
"America needs additional gun laws like a giraffe needs snow tires."
--Rabbi Mermelstein, JPFO

HEY... I'm trying to get on as an extra. Maybe I can make a difference. ;)

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

When all the other soldiers are using flintlocks - you use a percussion cap so we can all say "THERE HE IS!"
;)

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

Put a 1/4 dram of sulfur in your charge, and we'll recognize you when you touch off. Of course, your fellow extras may not appreciate it... :)

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

Matt

Gunny, are you going to give Mel some tips?

"Yes, the gun is gonna go BANG, son. Deal with it."

------------------
"America needs additional gun laws like a giraffe needs snow tires."
--Rabbi Mermelstein, JPFO

mel gibson is the biggest hypocrite on the planet.

First we get his FREEEEEDOM!!!!!! braveheart schpeel the next thing I see is anti gun crap on LW4.

Screw him, the sellout. He doesnt even understand the words "freedom" and "liberty", or how about "shall not be infringed"

HOLLYWOOD BASTARDS.

I forgot

GOOD LUCK GUNNY. I hope you can educate the lefto hollywood sellout.

P.S. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR REPUBLIC.

Orso

Mel is a piece of useless posturing flapdoodle. Typical Hollywood hypocrite, spouting anti-gun BS while exhibiting the crappiest, most sunsafe gun handling and unsound combat technique I've ever seen, but for profit, no less. If he was ever in a real gunfight, natural selection would find a most symbiotic relationshiph with his basic stupidity and get him outa the genepool, toot suite. Whudda dweeb. M2

Can we get somebody to load his musket with smokeless powder? Not being malicious mind you. Just don't want the smoke from the pan to obstruct the camera's view of Mr. Gibson. ;)

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Back