iraqi military ak-47

bacardisteve

any idea what it is worth. A friend of mine has it and once to get rid of it. I dont know who makes it as i cant read anything on it except for a few numbers. I would say it is abouut 75-80% codition of a new one. it has a boyonet on it with a set of biult in wire snippers under the bayo lug

i should have added this so all you lawyers wouldnt go crazy. the weapon is not in the US and will not be sold in US. It will be sold elswhere where laws allow it

Its most likely a Tabuk, and made in either Iraq or Yugoslavia. I would have absolutely no idea what it would bring in the international market. I read of where these can be bought in Iraq for a few dollars.

i figured it was one of the cheaper ak 47 but i figured the background of where it came from might add a piece of history which might also help the value

Too difficult to say really. Have to figure in 1) legality of place he wants to sell to, 2) rarity of items in that area.

What sells for $15,000 here in USA (if it were transferrable) could be $200 elsewhere in world - and it coming from Iraq is probably of little consequence to those people. How are you going to find buyers? Sadly the most 'civilized' countries in the world are the strictest for arms control.

Unlike most other items in the world, full auto firearms are VERY subjective in price. If it were a 2nd generation Single Action Army Colt, that would be a completely different story - or even a Mauser sporting rifle from the 30's.

But I think it's going to be WAY more trouble than its worth. Good luck!

Is it a Saddam Iraqi Army rifle, or one stolen from the current Iraqi Army? Anyhow, on the free market where an AK is no big deal, it'll probably go for a couple hundred USD, at most. Most likely, it'll go for $50-$75 USD.

Back