IR laser diodes available to the public??

SIGarmed

I was looking at one website that said that they are only available for le and military. What if I wan't one for my gun?
This could be used for home defense for us regular folks too.

whats an "IR laser diode"? they couldn't be the laser sights- those red dots pointed at targets cause those are perfectly legal right?

Used in many non LE and Mil applications. Shop the bigger electronics supply houses. Edmund Scientific has a limited selection but theirs are pricey. Might check with your local Radio Shack.

Sam

poted by eyeball:
"whats an "IR lazer diode"? they couldn't be the lazer sights- those red dots pointed at targets cause those are perfectly legal right?"

No I'm talking about the infra red lazers that have an IR diode that makes them invisible to the naked eye,but you can use them with night vision goggles. Some pistol lazer sight companies have them for thier lazer models,but they say that they're only available to LE and military.

ooh i c.

if you think about it, why would they sell us civilians IR laser diodes? there is no reason to sell civilians that kind of stuff. if they ever do then might as well sell us rocket launchers, nuclear bombs and pet lions. ;)

Back