IPSC/IDPA matches near Phoenix

spd522

I'm headed out for a vacation in the area and thought of taking part in their monthly matches on 9/21 and 9/22.

I know there is an IPSC match at Rio Salado.

Also considering the IDPA match on 9/22 at the Ben Avery Range. Anyone take part in these matches?

Mostly just looking for an idea as to how long it usually takes to shoot through at these matches. The wife will not be thrilled if I spend the whole day away shooting. Her vacation too I guess.

Shot the 2001 State Match. Many of my friends made it to this years match. They have good matches, they also have a website..., look on the IDPA.com site under clubs by state and you'll get a link to it. Pretty sure they post the schedule there.

sb

IF you can make it to the weekly tuesday night steel match at Rio salado it will be well worth your time. This match usually has people like Rob Leatham, Don golembieski, matt burkett, brian enos and other attend. THere are usually around 120 people at it. It starts at 4:30 until about 10pm or so. That was the most fun match in phoenix IMHO.

Can anyone tell me what bullet weight is commonly used in 45ACP in IPSC/IDPA competition?.......I always thought it was the 200 gr. bullets that were used more often than any other bullet weight.........But, then I heard the 230 gr. is very popular.......

I depends upon shooter preference. I've using a 200 grain semi-wadcutter because that's what I had. I may have to try a different bullet if I can't find a new vendor.

Back