Inyate Cubwa Sana !

H&Hhunter

Inyate (Cape Buffalo) Cubwa (Large) Sana (Adjective for good or fine) in the Swahili dialect of SW Tanazania.

Well guys I'm back and the trip was a complete success I bagged two large Buff. Both of them made the book and the experience was intense to say the least. This first Buff was killed on day one. We started the stalk twice before we were able to "ash" into position. My shot was a frontal shot at about 70 yds I hit him square through the lower chest with a 500 gr Woodliegh soft point. he turned and ran and I followed him up with 2 solids through the right hip both of which we found under the skin of the neck. He then went into the tall grass. As we approached he stood up and gave us the classic nose up head slightly turned here I come pose. He never got the chance however as I put a 500 gr solid through his upper neck at about 20 yards dropping him like, Well a ton of dead beef!

See Inyate Cubwa Sana 2 for details on the second bull.

Attachments

• inyate cubwa sana.jpg
    inyate cubwa sana.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
TaxPhd,
Yep that's the one I had the little mistake with. The attatched Photo shows it very well. I explain the tip amputation in my second post.

Attachments

• tiplessbuff.jpg
    tiplessbuff.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 71
Nice work

Sounds like you had a great time. The horn doesn't look bad, you gonna mount him on the wall somewhere?

Redneck,
I'm doing a skull mount on this one. I'll do a full shoulder mount on the other. I'd like to do shoulder mounts on both but my wife has put the law down on that one.;)

LOL - mine is a shoulder mount, the rest will be skull mounts. You do know how to fit the mount to your home right? Just take an overstuffed chair and hang it on the wall. It's about the same size...

Some 35 years ago, a buddy of mine did a serious hunt in Africa. Elephant, buffalo, several antelope of the lengthy-horned style.

His solution? Heck, he just built a new house. Vaulted ceiling in a rather large "game" room. :)

Art

A freind of mine went to Africa 3 years ago. When I asked him what the cost was he told me "Oh about $359,000" to which I gasped, and declared that he must of done a hell of a lot of shooting. He said no but the new house he had to bulid for the trophies was a little over budget.:D

Back