Invest Arms 50 cal parts?

Fuzzymaster

I am trying to find a forend wedge for a Invest Arms 50 cal muzzle loader. I was told the Lyman GPR has interchangeable parts, but this was not true. I tried a Lyman GPR wedge and was too small. I'm thinking I may have to make one if I can't find it somewhere.

When I was working as a gunsmith(?) I learned that in the case of small and hard to find parts that it was often a lot quicker and less costly to simply make the part. I once spent the better part of two days trying to find a part for some obsolite rifle (I now forget which part). I finally gave up and made one - took me 25 minutes, including reassembly.

Jim

Thats what I did this afternoon. Used my oxy/ act acetylene torch and fashioned the part I needed from a bolt. Funny thing, I just did another search and found out my rifle is a mod 160 which is the same as Lyman Deerstalker. Good info for later.
I did contact Investarms via email have have not heard back yet.

Update. I contacted Investarms via email. They have the part , and the instructions were to send 15.00 US in a thick envelope and part would ship day of receiving cash. I emailed Salvinelli back asking if they accepted paypal.
As for other distributors, I have quit looking as I made a wedge that works for now. Thanks for all replies.

Back