Introduction: Frank Jack Fiamingo

nj2asprez

Inactive
Hi All,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Frank Jack Fiamingo. In June, I founded the New Jersey Second Amendment Society and was elected its first President. If you have been following recent events, you know that NJ is one of the worst states for gun rights. We have been working hard to change that.

I hope to be able to report some good news in the coming months. In the meantime, if anyone has any questions or concerns about travelling to or through NJ with their Firearms, PLEASE contact us for the proper information. We do *NOT* want to see anyone put in the situation Brian Aitken is now facing. I know there has been a lot of discussion on the Internet about Brian's situation. Regardless of what you have heard, here are the most important facts to keep in mind:

- There is no evidence that Brian had *ANY* prior criminal record.
- He was *NOT* in the process of committing a crime when he was found to be in possession of his handguns.
- There was *NO* evidence that he ever INTENDED to commit a crime.

Brian Aitken is NOT a criminal and he does NOT deserve to be in prison for seven years for "unlawful" possession of firearms. PERIOD!

Welcome! :D Nice to see not everyone in NJ has rolled over yet. If I can ask, how did your state get to where it is today, in regards to 2A?

Tell you what, I really appreciate your efforts out in NJ. You have quite the uphill battle in that state.

My GF' mom passed a couple years ago and left everything to her in the will. The 'executrix' had to sort everything out and when she discovered the old J-frame in a shoebox, she wanted to "throw it in the bay".

I went to the Jersey City PD and chatted with a LT about procedures for transferring the firearm to VA where I lived. He made it VERY clear that "no citizens have any business owning handguns", despite what I had to say to the contrary.

I have friends in the area, they feel the same way. Attitudes are probably different the further you get from the city, but there's really no changing their minds around there.

Thanks for the nice comments

Hi all,

It is really difficult to explain how things got to be so bad in NJ. I wrote a recent article published on the ConservativeNewJersey.com blog site going into a partial explanation. I believe it is still available.

Basically, in 1947 during our States Constitutional Convention, it was thought to be SO obvious that our citizens had the right to keep and bear arms, they didn't feel the need to include the wording. That turned out to be a mistake. Anti-gun judges took advantage of that fact and handed down decision after decision making gun ownership more and more difficult. The infamous "Burton vs. Sills" basically determined that the right to keep and bear arms was NOT an individual right, but a "collective" right belonging to the "people" via the National Guard (i.e. the state militia).

I am sorry to say it went downhill rather fast from there.

Now for some *GOOD* news!!!

The NJ2AS legislative affairs committee chairman, Bob Barush and I met with the President of the NJ State Senate yesterday. He has agree to work with us to create legislation that would prevent another situation like the one that happened to Brian Aitken.

Senator Steve Sweeney (D) agreed that NJ's firearms statutes do not discriminate between a technical violation committed by a law-abiding citizen vs. a criminal act committed with a firearm. He rightly feels that this is unacceptable. The New Jersey Second Amendment Society will cooperate with the Senator to help develop legislation designed to deal with this serious problem.

Last edited:
Florida CCW Program / Steve Lonegan to Speak

Florida CCW License Program EXPANDS to North Jersey

The NJ2AS and Firearms Training Center "Gun for Hire"
are sponsoring an additional opportunity for you to obtain your
Florida license to carry at our monthly meeting.

JOIN US ON WEDNESDAY JANUARY 12, 2010 at 7:30pm

GUN FOR HIRE
75 Rutgers Street
Belleville, NJ 07109

We will have everything you need available including applications, fingerprinting, photo station and a notary.

The cost for processing is $25.00 for members & $50.00 for non-members
There will be an opportunity to join the NJ2AS at the meeting.

Items you will need:
* a copy of any NRA or State firearms safety training certificate or
* a copy of your Hunter Education Card or
* a copy of your orders calling you to active duty if you are active duty military or DD-214 if you are a veteran

If you don't have any of the above, you will be able to sign up for the next Gun-For-Hire NRA First Steps class either prior to, or at the event." To arrange for training prior to the meeting contact "Gun for Hire" http://www.gunforhire.com.

You will also need a check or money order for the license fee of $117.00 payable to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

*** NOTE - THIS FEE IS NOT REFUNDABLE. New Jersey does *NOT* have reciprocity with Florida ***

For full details and prerequisites click http://www.nj2as.com

Anthony Colandro and Steve Lonegan will be the featured speakers.

The meeting is FREE and open to the public. All are encouraged to attend.

Back