Introduction and Question

TIZWIN

Inactive
A big hello to my new friends. I've owned several BP revolvers for some time, but I haven't done much shooting with them. I plan to start real soon. Here's the question--do any of the Uberti screws fit the Colt 2nd Gen. BP guns? I've got a couple buggered screws on my Dragoon, and I'd like to have some spares as well.

Thanks in advance to my new pards.

TIZWIN, Welcome to the form but I can't help you much . I'm sure some others on here will be able to help.
As for the screws that are messed up I have repaired them by fileing down the rough top just to get rid of the buggers and then cutting the slots deeper with a hacksaw blade.

If you cant repair the screws, you may want to check out Dixie gun works. They have many pages of spare parts in their catalog.

If your Second Gen Colt is a later model it is probably an Uberti anyway. Colt's factory burned down in the late 60's or 70's and Colt had to go ask Uberti to make their parts, parts were made in Italy and assembled in the USA. Uberti has been touted as the Repro Co. that the parts interchange with the original Colts and i think the Remingtons too.

welcome pard .. i bought a pack of spare screws for my 1858 remmies from dixie gun works each pack has 1 of every screw on the pistol .. i don`t remember because i don`t own any colts .. but they probally have them too .. about 7 bucks , ya might want to go ahead and get an extra hand and main spring while your at it ..just a few dollars that won`t add anything to shipping . happy shooting :D

Sundance44's,
Hey glad to see you here. Reckon you that Old Dragoon/Halfway Creek Charlie are one and same on this and the other forums.

howdy dragoon .. thought i`d check this forum out too .. birds of a feather flock together .. thanks again fer the help on the hand problem ... i really wouldn`t have chunked it in the pond ..:eek:

Dixie lists all the screws for the 2nd Dragoon, no kit of them, each 3 bucks, from bolt/trigger spring screw to hammer screw.

They sell bags of the whole kit for the other models, '51, '60, the like. They have different part numbers for the Dragoons than the others, so may be model specific. Some are listed as Colt Made.

OD, I thought the only fire Colt's had was the big fire in the 1860's, Colt, the modern company never made repros till Val Forgett went to them to sell them on them. (Somethin' wrong with that sentence!)

Am I wrong, here?

Cheers,

George

Oh, BTW, welcome to the club, Tizwin. You'll like it here.

Here's the link to the Dixie page:

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/default.php?cPath=22_434_435_438

Back