Intratec Sport 22

Karanas

Last year, in an impulsive moment I soon came to regret, I bought one of these POS at a local gun show.
Major selling points were a low price, it would accept Ruger 10/22 hi-cap mags and looked like it would be a fun gun to plink with.
A 50 round handgun that jams every 2-3 rounds is not fun. Turning it over to a competent gunsmith would cost me more than the gun is worth. Any suggestions, or should I just hold on to it until there's a gun buyback program in the neighborhood and unload it for whatever I can get?

Pawn it. Pawn shops generally pay big for flashy assault-style crap. Any real guy person knows not to buy the Intratec. I bought a Tec-22 once. Not really that bad a gun and mine is reliable. Little bit of quality control would have been appreciated though.

Buy back?

A little dremel work (if you own one & know how to use it) & a Tec 22 runs like a champ. Dremel a feed ramp at the bottom of the chamber & polish it, then dremel the front of the ejection port about a 1/8 inch (a little at a time, test firing required) & they run 25-30 rounders like a champ. Neatest little 22 handgun I've ever owned. Goes great with my 10/22. Do you expect a $100 gun to run (it ain't an SKS!). Mine does now. As for offering it for the "buy back program", guess anyone would sell their guns for a turkey! Maybe some cheese? Why do you think they still do the buy back programs? Takes all kinds...

tec 22 jams

These gusn are sensitive to the ammo you feed them; I've had good success with CCI stingers; apparently intratech used to recomend Winchester SuperX ammo.

Also, as the mag lips get worn, the tec starts feeding badly; the dremel suggestion might help there.

blackdragon

Back