Interesting site for Curio & Relic collectors

Oatka

I've been going hot and cold on getting a C&R license from the BATF. Anybody have experiences one way or the other? (Maybe this goes on another board, but I didn't see a better fit.)

Anyhow, in my search, I ran across this interesting site on the subject: http://www.shelfspace.com/~c-r-ffl/

I have one since 95 or 96 I don't remember my original date of application. I'm on my second renewal. It took me about 6months to obtain. I used it for the first time this year. I was always leary about the ATF and their spur of the moment inspections. One thing that I have found is that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Most of the people that I have dealt with pertaining to this license and who are suppose to be enforcing these laws Don't know them,be it Federal,State and or Local.
Like I say I used mine for the first time this year and I followed the rules to the T.
Even though I never used it before I was never Questioned as to why not. Anyone that I have spoken to LEO wise has been very helpful and courteous. So far no problem.
I probably will keep it and use it more.
So far I have never been inspected Don't think I ever will. Your choice, I bought some things that my local gun dealer would have charged me at least double if not triple for.

Happy Holidays and Happy Shooting

------------------
Help Stamp Out Gun Ignorance.

Back