Interesting rendering of crossbow/shotgun combo

Bill Akins

Saw this online and thought it was interesting and do'able in reality for someone with the inclination. "The Mule" is a homemade weapon featured in Resistance: Burning Skies (PC game). Obviously it is a crossover of a crossbow and a double-barrel shotgun. Interesting concept isn't it?

TheMulefromResistanceBurningSkies.jpg

Moderator Note: Bill Atkins has notified moderators that he has written permission to use this image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my original post.

I'd like to add that the above posted image is posted here by written permission of the artist who owns it. He gave me written permission to allow me to post it. His name is Sean Byers and this is his e mail:
seannbyers@yahoo.com

You can view different viewing angles of Sean's image renderings of the crossbow/shotgun combo at this below link.....
http://www.seanbyers.com/weapons.php?link=2

Add brass fitting and you have a great steampunk weapon!

Seriously, it looks like something the Walking Dead would use, but I can't see how it couldn't be made to work. A stiffiner under the barrle to give the prods something to draw against might be a good idea, so as not to warp the barrels - just a thought. Love the artwork, Mad Max type weapon.

I am baffled as to how to reload that crossbow in a safe manner. Also wonder what would keep the bow from launching when firing the shot gun. The cheek piece as drawn looks worthless.

MTT TL chances are the bow is drawn when shooting the shotgun. Powder gas is bled off to bring the string back cocking the prod.

When you are dealing with a computer generated image anything can be made to happen.
Just think a shotgun loaded with "smart shot", you shoot and never miss the target. That is on a computer screen.

Back