• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Interesting phenomenon?

ahenry

I noticed that on a thread in Legal & Political that the number of people that have responded is different than what the summary page claims. Also, according to the sum page, the last person to respond is not that actual last person. I have been watching a particular thread (Are rights absolute) to see if it corrects itself and as yet it has not. Is this a bug, or does the summary page have to perform some sort of update and only does so periodically?

I was surprised to see your name at the top of the pile here in S,Q&F. The forum summary page showed Dennis' post at 7:45 as the most recent. I come in here and see that his is the second one down.

Methinks that re-indexing is in order and should fix the problem.

Rich? Shaun?

I had trouble opening TFL from about 5:30 PM until just a few minutes ago. In GD forum, there is no post logged between about 9:30 AM and 8:10 PM. Anybody believe that?:D

The strange lapse between post times is probably right. At about 10 am I wasn't able to get into here and was only able to get in about 15 min ago (yes it has been a slow day around here. Just let the kids destroy their new presents while I hide in the bedroom :D ).

Greg

It's a TFL conspiracy to make us stick around a little longer. They can't read your thoughts when you only browse for a couple minutes at a time.

What's that you said, Rich? Go back to 'General' where you belong? Yessir..

(apparently, if you stick around long enough, they can tell you thoughts too!)

I was flying and learned of the access problems late. I, too, believe that a reindex is in order. However, I'm on the road until the 7th and am hesitant to try from a dial up.

If I can get good connections to the server this AM, I'll make it happen.
Rich

I have seen my name listed as the last poster a couple of different places where I was not; maybe not even on the thread at all. Click on my name and it goes to the profile of the actual last poster, not me.

Confusing.

Please fix it.

Oh sure Jim. Lemme just cancel my New Years Eve plans for you.

Last I checked there were about 94,000 threads here. Shall I start at the bottom or top? Hey, I've got an idea.....how 'bout you provide some direction....like a Link?

:rolleyes:
Rich

Back