Interesting Article on Allowing CCW on Campus

I think that is an interesting article. Also watched the O'reilly factor last night. Bill had one pro and one anti cc on campus professor. Of course the anti got the first and last word. Pretty unbalanced.

We are seeing some light in the tunnel, is it a train though?

I was surprised that both the CBS and ABC Evening news shows had a rational presentation from pro-carry campus folks without sneers from Katy Couric or Charley Gibson. They both also presented graphics of states considering it.

Unfortunately, the consideration is for public universities. So, a crazed gun man will just go to some private school and shoot up a lecture there. Since private up scale schools cater to the economically more advantaged (in general), interesting class issue, n'est pas?

I was just thinking about this earlier, as to whether CCW would have any impact on school shootings. To the best of my ability to get into the head of a shooter, I came to this conclusion:
-- I don't expect to get out alive in the first place (or care).
-- I probably have several specific targets (bullies/teachers/etc) and general malaise towards everyone else
-- I enjoy the thought to going in there are shooting people up

Basically, I'm thinking of 3 situations:
1) if I only wanted to target individuals, I'd go to their homes.
2) If I wanted to target individuals and a group, I'd do it at school.
3) If I only wanted to target the faceless masses of my peers, I'd do it at school.

So, the impact of thinking that there was a chance that there were people armed, I'd move a lot faster to the "shoot randomly into the crowd phase" to accomplish whatever notoriety goal I was trying to get. Plus I'd target large groups (lunch room) instead of walking through halls and classrooms.

Would CCW help the situation? To some extent there is a possibility it could limit the damage by providing a faster reaction time than regular authorities could provide. But that is only in situation 2 above. More importantly, it wouldn't exacerbate the situation, so you gotta follow the "allow CCW" path.

PLEASE NOTE: that I have absolutely no idea how these people think. Just trying to make a guess. If anyone CAN comprehend the actions of these individuals, please present yourself to the appropriate authorities.

Back