Interestine range scoring

Yesterday at requalifying for work, out of a possible 48, I shot 48. The "instructor" gave me a 44. There were 3 "multiple shot" holes, clearly made by more than one round. When I questioned him, he said, "one hole...one round". I asked if he was kidding and he said he didn't kid. Oh well, I qualified, but the funny thing is that the other instructors looked at the score he gave me and laughed, knowing that several close shots can cause one tattered hole in the target. Oh well. :)

Some instructors run "pass/fail" qualifications. This means you get no numberical score, just a "passing" or "failing" grade. Course this is done with numbers, but after getting over the passing threshold they stop counting...

Could it be he comes from this school of thought yet is having difficulties conforming to your dept's standards? If so, he's a lackluster, unable to learn new method sort that'll make your dept's program sticky in the future - look for him to be forced to learn or move on to other programs. Might take awhile, but if he does make the transformation he could well be an excellent instructor and full of valuable information and instruction...

Otherwise, yep - just a horses's butt.

Back