interarms mark X 458 replacement stock

Righthawk44

Inactive
The stock on my interarms 458 just cracked and I want to know if anyone knows where to get a synthetic drop in stock for it.

Last edited:
I doubt if you'll find a true drop in. Most will have a sporter barrel channel that will have to be opened up for the larger diameter barrel on your rifle. Not a huge deal and certainly a DIY project. One for a varmint barrel might work, but it might be too big.

I'd go with the B&C stock unless you want to spend the cash for a McMillan or other high end stock.

Are all mauser actions standard lenght? This is my first mauser and I have seen "mini" mauser and standard mausers. Mine gas a 7 13/16 center to center on the floor plate screws, which would be a standard mauser I would assume.

If you have the shroud safety, the Bell & Carlson Medalist should be a drop-in. If you have the two position Remington style safety, it will take a little fitting. At least that was my experience with a Whitworth (Interarms X) 300 WM.

Jerry

My Interarms Whitworth in 270 wears a Bell & Carlson stock now.

The big bore Whitworths are known for cracking the stocks.

"...all mauser actions standard length?..." Nope. Close but not exactly.
Like jmr40 says, stocks are rarely drop in. Even the one's that are sold as such.
Anyway, Gunparts lists 2 stocks for Interarms Mk X's. Inletted for an 8-5/8" long trigger guard and no mention of chambering. $144.60.
Looked at Boyd's' site but they're having site issues. A laminate might be a better idea strength wise.

In the case of the Interarms Whitworth Mark X, they are usually long action. Your 458 is a long(stardard) action.

They did import a Mini Mauser. But this is not one of those.

The new Daumolin actions are long action.

The original Mausers of WWI, WWII fame were intermediate actions.

The gunparts one will fit your action. Check to see if it has cross bolts in it.
If not Midwayusa has video on Youtube on how to install them.

Thank you all for your insight on mausers. I'm going to get the B&C medalist and try my hand at fitting it to my rifle. Then its off to Lee Shaver to get it ported, maybe this won't happen again.

Back