Interarms Mark X 375 HH

I recently bought this Interarm's Mark x 375 HH, I am trying to figure out a little about the rifle and if any members have any tips or information on it. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 375 HH Mag.jpg
    375 HH Mag.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 84
The Interarms MKX, is a MDL 98 pattern rifle, manufactured by Zastava in Serbia, I believe.

My father bought a MKX in 1965. He was a Seebee in PT Hueneme, Ca.

I remember one day he came home with the back bumper of our 58' Chevy almost dragging the ground. He had in ammo cans thousands of rounds of surplus 30-06. Mixed in ammo cans. It was ball, ap and tracer. This is where I learned to love shooting center fire rifles.

The MKX is a perfectly suitable CRF high powered rifle. It may not have the finish of a Mauser or FN mauser rifle but that doesn't affect it suitablility as firearm.

The MKX has been offered by several brands, including Whitworth, Remington, and others I believe.

I have read that the action has been used extensively as the base for build by shooters seeking an affordable platform to build on.

I enjoyed the MKX and have gone on to enjoy many fine rifles since.

Last edited:
Mark X actions, barreled actions, and finished rifles were imported over a period of many years. I'm not aware of any Mannlicher stocked rifles chambered in 375 H&H imported so my guess would be it was completed from either an action or barreled action.

I've owned several MK X rifles and sold quite a few new ones in 70s & 80s. Most were 25/06 270, 3006 and 7mm mag. Good rifles not to mention reasonable price. I was into 375H&H
rifles and had MK X but was standard stock. If I had one with Mannlicher stock I would still have it. I think that model was the Marquei ? Mine shot as good as 700Rem and post 64 win m70. I recently sold my favorite 375H&H a SAKO FinnBear I bought new in 60s. I sold all my magnum rifles and that is only one I miss. I don't know why I have no use for a 375 anymore. Still, I kept my dies and components in case another comes by.

I got to shoot a 375 H&H all too many years ago.

I was surprised at how it shot, more a hard push than a smack.

Interarms Mark X rifles were imported from Yugoslavia (now Serbia) and sold in several grades/configurations, one of which did indeed have a Mannlicher stock, called the Continental IIRC. The 375 H&H was not offered in a Mannlicher stock, it was offered in the Viscount, Alaskan, African, and Whitworth series, all of which had a half stock, pistol grip, black plastic forend cap, and 20 lpi checkering. The Whitworth was probably the nicest, but was still fairly plain. Your appears to be a custom due to the lack of checkering and the Mannlicher stock.

It should have month and year it was made, right side of rear bridge, where peep sight holes are drilled and tapped.

My Interarms Mark X in 270 Win, had the adjustable trigger. Yours may be also.
When i bought mine, it was for the action.
While not a darn thing wrong with the 270 Win, I had other plans.
It now sports a Bell & Carlson stock, 24" E.R. Shaw 1.5 contour barrel in 284 Win.
EGW 20 MOA base, Vortex low rings, and for now a Sightron STAC 4-20X50 scope.

Rifle was a shooter in standard 270 Win guise.
Still a shooter now. Just wish i had planned on lighter components.
Rifle weight 10 lbs!!

Kilotanker has one in 7mm Rem Mag, and i've seen another one in 7mm Rem Mag for sale for $259.
No!! I'm not saying where!!! Lol

Had one in the 1980s. Good, basic M98 design. Not fancy. It's a standard length 98 action so it had to be opened up a bit for the 375 cartridge.

Back