Ingot day, not casting day.....

Beagle333

I had gotten a big box of raw WW and so I loaded up the ol' 20# Lee Melter with a big load and then I'd go mow some of the yard. Then I'd come back and dip out clips, flux it twice with candle wax and then ladle it out into my condiment cups that I use for ingot molds, load it back up and go mow some more. I rarely ever smelt my own WW, so this works just fine and is fast enough for me. I usually use this pot to make my casting alloy ingots so I can just drop them into my Pro Melt when I start making bullets. So this pot is dedicated for nasty stuff already. I don't recommend this for your main casting pot. :) (note the side nippers to make sure they are all lead before they go in the pot)

smelting_zpsca2ug0ly.jpg

Good on ya Beagle! Almost give me enough git er' done to go smelt what I have been neglecting. Almost, haha.

I have 6 buckets that need sorted through and smelted but it's the sorting part that's been holding me off. If i'm lucky the wife will help like she did last time.

Thankfully I have two buckets already made in to ingots so no huge rush but I need to get it done.

Finished! I got three pots of ingots out of that box of WW. (the C on em stands for COWW, because all my other ingots look like that too).
I haven't weighed em, but it is probably about 40# of lead and half a coffee can of steel clips. There was only one discard in there that I couldn't snip with the wire cutters, so that's a pretty good ratio!

And..... I got the yard and pond dam mowed! :D
smelted_zps5wetxfwf.jpg

Back