information on the Star Model 30M

alan

Re the above, Interarms used to impport them, I have one in 9mm Parabellum. Unfortunately, the manual, such as it was, that came with the pistol has long since gone on to it's just reward.

The pistol that I have, essentially a Service Pistol has developed a now and then problem, failure to extract/eject fired cases. I suspect that the extractor is gummed up, and that the pistol would benefit from the removal of same, a thorough cleaning , and replacement of this part, which is slide mounted, spring operated.

Field stripping the piece for cleaning is quite simple, however lacking a detailed manual, the proper way of "detail" stripping the slide escapes me.

Any information or suggestions as to where one might obtain a manual would be appreciated. Interarms does not seem to have a web site, at least not one that I've been able to find. If anyone knows or is familiar with detail stripping proceedure for the slide, that would help too.

Thanks.

The "NRA Firearms Assembly ... Pistols and Revolvers" book has detail stripping instructions for a host of Star pistols, including the M series.

It appears that you can drift out the extractor retaining pin from the bottom to the top of the slide to remove the extractor. Getting at the firing pin looks to be a PITA, since you have to first remove the rear sight, then drift out the pin that retains the firing pin.

BTW, the sight is removed from left to right, and replaced from right to left. They suggest a brass punch, though a sight pusher would be a better choice.

Back