Information about Charlotte North Carolina

leedesert

I am looking into the Charlotte Police department for employment. Can any of you tell me about Charlotte? I would love to hear from an LEO with the Charlotte Police Department.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

I visit Charlotte now and then. It is a huge,growing metropolitan area with perhaps a million people. this is just my opinion, but if you dont like the big city atmosphere, stay away from Charlotte. The days of Charlotte being a medium sized city are long gone.

I live in Charlotte and Ivan8883 is right. The city is growing very quickly. Don't know any LEOs however. There are some pretty decent gunshops in the area though. Sorry I'm not much help, Byerly

Try some of the smaller towns north of Charlotte, like maybe Mooresville or Concord.
I try to stay away from Charlotte as much as possible, I wouldn't want to get lost there.
Maybe Winston, High Point, or Thomasville? I've got some good friends who are LEO's in these cities, they have said they wouldn't want to work in Charlotte.
It does have a few nice areas though. :)

------------------
Happiness is a tight group!

[This message has been edited by Outlaw1 (edited September 21, 1999).]

The first 3 responses are right on, IMO. I used to visit Charlotte a lot in the '70's and early '80's. I always enjoyed the town and often thought I would like to move there. Having returned a couple of times recently, I have changed my mind. The city has grown like Topsy almost to the point of growing out of control. The people are still nice, but I no longer would want to move there.

I used to go to visit Charlotte quite often on business. It's a nice place to visit, I certainly wouldn't classify it as a "Big City", (but then again I lived 20 minutes from NYC until 5 years ago). Great restaurants... my favorites being a Brewery and the Spaghetti Warehouse (I think that's what it was called).

The surrounding towns seemed pretty nice, but most co-workers in Charlotte lived at least 40 minutes away. That has to tell you something.

Geri Weaver

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

Just so you all know, I am orrgionaly from New York City so I don't think it's that big. The Charlotte PD offered me a job and everything looks good. They allow you to live within 45 miles of the city so I'm sure there's plenty of nice area's outside the city that will fit that radius.
That said, keep the info coming. Feel free to e-mail me personally if you have alot to share.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

My wife is from Charlotte and her relatives still live there. We go to visit several times a year. IMO a very high crime/murder rate for a southern city even a very large one. Also housing costs are very high. If action is what you want as a LEO Charlotte,Atlanta, or New Orleans is the place to be!

I was born in Charlotte and used to live there. I now live in the suburbs. My father in law was CPD. Charlotte is the largest city in the state. Crime is high. Traffic is abysmal. You will be raped on taxes. Leo starts around 26K, experienced somewhat higher. Just got a new Chief from Florida so the department is up in the air. City council ALWAYS passes over qualified people in the departmnent for top positions. Moonlighting is necessary to supplement income, HOWEVER, the department is limiting the number of hours officers can moonlight. Officers also answer to a citizens review board (politically correct, racially biased make-up)on ANY AND ALL MATTERS the board feels should be addressed. Better opportunities exist in surrounding communities with better pay and working conditions---try Monroe, Matthews, Concord, Davidson, Cornelius, Huntersville, Mooresville, or Gastonia if you are interested. Good luck.

Back