Info on revolver

TOPKICK

Any and all info will be appreciated. Its an Iver Johnsons Arms & Cycle Works, Made in Fitchburg, Mass. Seems to be .32 cal and is nickle plated. Its a top-break and is a hammerless model. 3 inch barrel and has an owl on the grips. A friend has had this pistol in his family for longer than anyone can remember and is curious as to what happened to the maker, how old is it, value, and all the rest of the normal questions.

Thanks in advance

------------------
Proud,dues paying,member of the "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy"

Could it be a bicycle pistol in .32 velo dog ?

Actually I could use one of those here in the top pocket for local canine motor-cycle chasers, or do I need a bigger cycle like a KLR 650 !!

I jest Harley and Jim...no offence intended.

------------------
A thought from 'Big Bunny'...."The sword does not kill, it is a tool in the hands of the killer".... Seneca 'the younger' (circa AD 35)

Iver Johnson was a very prolific manufacturer of inexpensive firearms for something like just under 100 years. Hardly any of their class one firearms command any sort of collector value. I believe you have a variation of the Safety Automatic Double Action revolver. They were made from the 1880s to the 1950s. I also have one of these in the safe that has been passed down through the family but would be extremely hesitant to shoot it. Tell your friend its value is mainly as a family keepsake as their isn't any resale value on these at this time AFAIK.

Iver Johnson Safety Hammerless DA Revolver
-Approximate value in ecellent condition: $125.
-Calibers produced in - .22LR, .32 S&W, .32 S&W, .38 S&W
- hold 7 rounds in .22, 6 in .32, 5 in .38
- Manufactured 1895-1950

Personally, I wouldn't shoot it.

Back