info on my .45

Dre_sa

i have a remington rand 1911 a1
SN 1391091
i have found out it was manufactured in 1943 but thats it.
the guys in the store i bought it claim it was found in a rice paddi in veitnam.
if any one can help point me in the right direction to find out its true history, plz let me know.

As for history on THIS particular gun, this kind of information simply doesn't exist.

The military has NO interest in where a gun has been, only in who has it NOW.

In other words, there ARE no historical documents telling where a military firearm went, who had it, or when.

When the military issued a gun, a record was kept of who it was issued to and/or who was responsible for that gun.

As soon as it was issued to another person, the old records were destroyed since the military has no interest in this data.

There is one site online that has a some info on CERTAIN firearms, but this is strictly related to a tiny, tiny few guns that had something special about them that caused a record to be kept.

One rule of buying guns: Buy the gun......not the story.

Another problems would be in just how a US service pistol got from a rice paddy in Vietnam to South Africa.

Troops leaving Vietnam didn't leave on troop ships like in other wars.
They left on commercial airliners, and EVERYBODY was thoroughly searched by MP's before being allowed to board.

Again, buy the gun, not the tale.

why i bought the gun

i bought the gun because it 'spoke to me' when i picked it up.
it just felt like the right one. found out about the story a week later.
would be nice if it were true

Back