info on Kel-Tec P-32 please

quiet guy

Considering a pocket pistol for my wife. A friend of hers' has a Kel-Tec P-32. My wife tried it, and she likes it. Finding hints around the house and in the car. I've read that their customer service is great and everyone on their website loves them. But I would like to get additional comments.

Is their a better (reliable, accurate, jam-free, durable)pocket pistol available(don't mention Seecamps) in the price range of $265.

Don't think you can do better than $265 as the NAA Guardian costs more than that. The P-32 is a great gun and has often been discussed here. I have 2 of them. You may want to use the "Search" function to check out some prior threads.

I love my P-32. It's my "always" gun, like a pocket knife. Spring for the chrome finish, or send the slide to Kel-Tec for the chrome upgrade and you won't have to worry about rust. Try http://www.ktog.org - you should find all the info you need. I like Fiocchi ball or Cor-Bon HP for carry use.

-AL-

I got my P32 last week, and fired one box of Fiocchi ball without a problem. The sights were on and I found it easy to keep shots in the "chest area" out to 15 yards. At 20 yards some wandered out. However, it is a short range gun and I like mine very much. Get it!
Jerry

It sounds like she is proficient and comfortable with an automatic. This being the case I highly recommend the P32. Its light, its small, and their customer service is first rate. As Big Al stated, check out http://www.ktog.org they have plenty of good information including some do it yourself improvements (fluff & buff) for the weapon.

Have you bought one yet?

I've had mine since December and it's definitely a keeper. I have the chromed slide and the belt clip. I would send the whole gun for the chroming, since they will function test it afterward. Happy shooting.

Regards.

I've got the parkerized finish. Carry it anywhere I can't carry a full size auto or snubbie. Works great, accurate, eats any brand of ammo I feed it.

I have one and carry it frequently. Completely dependable w/ silvertips and golddots. Blazers and other ball ammo caused some FTF and misfeeds. If your wife carries a purse, I would go w/ something w/ more stopping power. I think the main reason for the P32 is only its size, allowing concealed carry when concealed carry would not be possible due to dress or enviornment.
LF

P-32

I've had one for a long time. I'm beginning to see some big serial numbers out there. Mine is in the 7000's. I bought it as a blue version, but without even taking it to the range, I sent it in for the chrome upgrade. I really think that KT did the "fluff and buff" thing because there was a thick coat of polishing dust on the feed ramp. I cleaned and lubed it up, took it to the range and haven't had one single malfunction since. (Except when I tried the factory metal guide rod..."Jam" city.)
Nobody's mentioned it yet, but Fiocchi makes a semi-jacket hollow point that is just as hot as their FMJ. I shoot those a lot. The P-32 is a remarkable little pistol. It never ceases to amaze me how flat it is. Last week I sent KT an e-mail asking about the recoil spring. I had heard that it had been "upgraded" to a heavier model. Within an hour I received a reply from KT that the spring had indeed been upgraded to a heavier model and if I would just provide my mailing address, they'd get one right out to me. Nothing about price was discussed. Before I even offered to pay for the spring, they offered to send me one for free. How many companies would do that?!

Kentucky Rifle

I really enjoy my little P-32. My only complaint (minor) is the trigger pull which goes from here to next Wednesday. Get used to that, and it's perfect.

Noban

I was just shooting mine today. Loves Silver tips. I was hitting an 8" target at 50' pretty regular. The long trigger pull takes some getting used too. Try putting your offhand index finger on the trigger behind your shooting finger.Hangs with ball ammp sometimes. Go figure. If the $265 is including tax I would buy it. They are accessible now and the price has normalized. The ones I am seeing now are around $240. I like the different colors too. I might get one with the Ivory frame.

Back