Info on H&R 1904 revolver

Pthfndr

Any information on this firearm? A friend got one as has come up empty when trying to find out about it. This is all the information he sent me.

IT'S AN OLD H&R
DOUBLE ACTION MODEL 1904 38CAL. WITH 2.5 INCH OCT. BARREL AND NICKEL
PLATED.

TIA.

Those were among a slew of inexpensive double-action, solid frame revolvers made in that era. The H&R guns were as good as any and better than many, but by this time most are worn out, missing parts, and/or broken. There is little collector interest unless the gun is brand new in the box, and even then they don't bring much more than $150. An average value is in the $50 range, and that is if the gun works. If it does not, value is about nil.

If the gun is broken or missing parts, I would not even bother trying to fix it. Most gunsmiths won't touch them because any repair will cost more than the gun is worth. I advise against DIY repairs because those guns appear simple but are tricky and can drive you up a tree. Some parts are available at www.gunpartscorp.com but don't say you weren't warned.

The .38 caliber is 5 shot and fires the .38 S&W cartridge. .38 Special should not be used even if it will fit.

JIm

Back