on the barrel it says

proof tested 12 ga

serial number
7260 B

Any help apprediated

Can you still get parts for this gun?

Thanks
Stan

I think that Riverside was a trade name used by Montgomery Ward; I know they used the name on other goods, like tires.

Jim

Numrich lists parts for both the hammergun version (aka: Stevens 215) and the hammerless (concealed hammer) version:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Riverside-33461.htm

The Savage/Stevens/Riverside doublegun dates from the 1st quarter of the 20th Century, and should be checked by a qualified double gunsmith (not some parts-changer) as being safe to shoot at all, before any repair to restore one to firing condition.

Riverside was a stand alone company until Stevens bought them out around the turn of the century. Stevens kept the Riverside name until the early 30's.

Riverside Arms Company was a trade name used by J. Stevens Arms and Tool Company on their economy line of shotguns and first appeared in catalogue No. 54 circa 1914.

The first shotguns to use the Riverside name were the Model 315 hammerless double barrel and the Model 215 hammer double barrel. These guns were based on the G. S. Lewis patents No. 1,086,378 granted Feb. 10, 1914 for the hammer gun and No. 1,136,2547 granted April 20, 1915 for the hammerless gun. The Riverside name was also used on the Model 520 slide action gun.

The Riverside Arms Company name was replaced by the Springfield Arms Company name in 1929.

Back