Info on accurizing M1 Garand

ursus

Mr. Stringer:

I am looking for info on glass bedding, parts, tools, etc to accurize an M1.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Ursus, there are a bunch of techniques for the M1. And there are folks much more expert in accurizing this particular rifle than me. I think you'll find all the ideas you can handle at www.jouster.com. That site is totally devoted to the Garand. George

Ursus, You can get a booklet thru the NRA that tells step by step how to accurize your Garand. I don't remember the name but it is a very useful book. You can probably do most of the work yourself, I did and it made a big difference.

Joefo

Ursus,
Were are you located? If you are near Nashville I can put you in touch with a qualified man. His prices are reasonable, and he builds the comptetition rifles for champions choice, he still competes at camp perry as well......on my latest arrival from the cmp he just did a standard accurizing job and while I havent put it on paper the rifle shoots as good as im capable.....fubsy.

A ready source for that NRA suppliment is Brownells Catalog. I believe that the running price is still under $5.00 and in addition to having accurizing info, there is a treatise on Match shooting. Very informative. Keep an eye out for old military maintenance manuals, they're full of the actual tools and jigs that were used in accurizing the Garands, also very informative in that they a lot of the time would give you the info needed to manufacture your own tools and jigs. Good luck!
Unkel Gilbey

Back