Info on 1911 Trigger Jobs

• Thread starter Thread starter faiello5
  • Start date Start date
F

faiello5

Can anyone point me to a website that provides detailed info on how to do a 1991 trigger job. I have a Colt GM. Thanks.

Frank

There is an excellent writing on this subject by Layne Simpson. You can save yourself some time and also become enlightened on other matters by going to www.m1911.org

Having written that...Find a good 1911 pistolsmith and spend a little to save alot of headaches!

Brownells sells all the parts and tools. Cost a couple of hundred for the tools and parts.

The cost of a trigger job from a reputable smith is less than that.

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785
We don't have a chaplain here, but I don't view that as any major problem... You can rest assured
that you will not go in that bag until I've said a few appropriate words over you
R. Lee Ermy as Sgt Major Haffner, from The Siege of Firebase Gloria
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts. It may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok

A good gunsmith can do a PERFECT job. A at home kit can cost you big problems. I recomend that a trigger job be handled by a pro.

Yeah, but doin the job yourself would be half the fun! As long as I had some back up weapon, I would do it myself if I could... somethin goes wrong, it can be fixed later.... long as I am not without a sidearm

------------------
"...you're thinkin was that 5 shots or was it 6? Well, you've gotta ask yourself one question: Do you feel lucky??? ...Well, do ya PUNK!?!?

Read George Hill's post carefully.He really does know what he is talking about.
-------------------
The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions!!

Back