Info needed on the Hi-Point

kubiast

Inactive
I am trying to find out what everyone thinks about this weapon. A HI-POINT MODEL CF .380 ACP FACTORY NEW. IT IS TWO-TONE, POLYMER FRAME, 3 1/2" BARREL, HAS BRIGHT RED 3 DOT SIGHTS AND HOLDS 8 ROUNDS. What is a fair price for this Pistol? How does it shoot? Anything else you can think of Please.

Thanks
Terrance

Hi-Point

They make a great paper weight or boat anchor. I have a 40S&W they made. If we ever run out of ammo that is are next weapon... To throw it at them.

Terrance,

I would definitely stay away from that weapon unless financially you are unable to afford anything else. And even then you can find something better!

The suggested retail of this weapon is $99.00. You can check it at http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com

You can find a good used or new Mak for the price that you will pay for for a Hi Point. The pistol is oversized for the caliber and there are few if any aftermarket parts for it. The only really positive thing I can say about it is that the factory will recognize a lifetime warranty even if the original owner does not own the weapon.

Good SHooting,
Red

I am intrigued by the Hi-Point pistols. Most of the posts I have read about them say that they are junk, that is why I want to buy one. Most of the real experienced shooters on here wouldn't lower themselves to own a Hi-Point so they don't know anything about them. Most of the rest are busy buying a basic collection and have never owned one either, so they don't know anything about it either. My gun dealer has sold a whole lot of Hi-Points. I was in there today flipping through his latest Davidson's flyer and commented that I would like to try a Hi-Point even just for a day and he said "I think you will be surprised". Bottom line, talk to someone that has actually owned one or try one yourself. Otherwise you are very likely getting a BS answer.

The bottom line is that they are pretty low tech as pistols go nowadays, but they work. I have fired several and they had no failures in several hundred rounds, which is more than can sometimes be said for pistols that cost a lot more and have better "reps". (For example, my Walther PPK/S .380 jammed two or three times a magazine until I finally got ticked and worked on it.)

The bigger caliber High Points are bulky and top heavy and feel funny because they are blowback and need a heavy slide, but they also work.

I can't speak for durability, though. I suspect they may not hold up to a 5000 round test, but then a lot of much more expensive pistols won't either.

Jim

Back