Info Appreciated

Responder

Inactive
Am seeking information on what appears to be a knock off of a Thompson SMG. It is marked Eagle Mark II Semi Automatic and is marked as being chambered in 9mm and .45cal. It appears to have no cocking handle/bolt assist. I've not been able to come up with anything through google, etc.
Any information about the weapon or where to obtain further information about it, would be greatly appreciated.

I believe the Eagle was basically a US M3 greasegun that was converted to look like a Thompson. They were open bolt guns, and I believe were declared machineguns by ATF.
Bill

The name Eagle has been used by a number of makers. The one that looked like a TSMG was made around 1969. IIRC, the receiver was made from an alloy casting with a black crackle finish. It wasn't a conversion of anything, and it operated more like a STEN than either an M3 or a TSMG. It was semi-auto and, as Bill says, fired from an open bolt. It was .45 and used M3 magazines.

BATFE (or whatever they were called at that time) stopped the manufacture as they could easily be made full auto. I don't know what the status of one is today, but an owner who wants to stay legal had best check. It might mean giving up the gun, but that might be better than having future problems.

Jim

Jim
Im sorry, I didn't mean the Eagle was a converted gun- but that it was the same action type as the M3, adapted to look like a Thompson. I have never handled an Eagle, but was told by someone who owned one that they were similar to the M3.
Bill

Another similarity.

I believe this particular arm, and at least one other, were made to use the M3 SMG magazines.

Johnny

Back