Inexpensive pistol with a lifetime warranty - Good Deal?

CANIS

I posted earlier in the week regarding my new Llama Minimax in .45. This pistol came with a lifetime warranty. How much do you folks take into account the warranty of the pistols you purchase? Does a good warranty at least put your mind at ease a little when purchasing a less expensive pistol? I figure that even if it has a few kinks to work out of it, the warranty protects you from really getting messed around if you happen to get a clunker (providing you have a reputable manufacturer to deal with) Llama was very responsive to my email questions (answered back the same day on 4 different occassions!)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Chris Canis

Shipping firearms back and forth is such a hassle that I try not to rely upon warranties. Also, some manufacturers (e.g., Ruger) will give great service without a warranty, while others will simply replace one defective gun with another.

Another point to consider: if a defensive weapon fails when you really need it, you won't be around to get it fixed under warranty.

Any Ruger auto or revolver will do nicely. They are die-hard tough and Ruger backs his guns with a lifetime warranty.

Glocks, have a unwritten lifetime warranty for any owner. I bought my G27 used from an offficer and Glock told me that if i EVER had any problems or anything broke due to use, or wear they would replace it for FREE!! i just had to get it to Georgia where they HQ is. Now that is service. The thing is that with Glocks you don't need warranties becuase they are so K.I.S.S. As far as price, Glocks are very reasonably priced.

------------------
when the govenment comes for you weapons, give them the ammo first

Back